All pupils at Craigavon Senior High School will work towards a GCSE in Mathematics.
During the GCSE Mathematics course pupils will:
- Build on their Key Stage 3 Mathematics.
- Demonstrate their knowledge of Mathematics across a range of topic areas.
- Develop and refine their problem solving strategies.
- Build the confidence and skills required to tackle unfamiliar challenges.
- Develop functional mathematics skills that can be used in real life situations.
Assessment occurs in Year 12 and therefore ensures that pupils have time to develop a mature understanding of the subject before being assessed.
Pupils at Craigavon Senior High currently study CCEA GCSE Mathematics and assessment consists of two components as shown in the table below.
45% of GCSE
55% of GCSE
|Non calculator paper||Paper 1: Calculator
Paper 2: Non: Calculator