Learning for Life and Work
What’s it all about – Well it is about you and your life!!
You follow three main areas of study during the course
- Maximising and sustaining health and well-being
- Concept of self
- Recognising, managing and assessing risk
- Building and maintaining healthy relationships
- The roles and responsibilities of parenting
Local and Global Citizenship
- Diversity and inclusion
- Rights and responsibilities regarding local, national and global issues
- Safeguarding human rights
- Non-government organisations
- Key democratic institutions and their role in promoting power
- The impact of globalisation on employment
- Recruitment and selection processes
- The rights and responsibilities of employers and employees
- Issues of self-employment
- There is one tier of entry which allows pupils to achieve grades A*-G.
- There are three written examinations which assess each of the three areas of study.
Local and Global Citizenship 13.3%
Personal Development 13.3%
There are two controlled assessment tasks based on two of the three areas of study.
Report 1 = 30%
Report 2 = 30%
For further information please click on the link below.
CCEA Learning for Life and Work