Craigavon Senior High School
Internet Acceptable Use Policy
Craigavon Senior High School can now provide all pupils with access to a filtered Internet service. In order to avail of these facilities, users within the school must adhere to strict guidelines and abide by the generally accepted rules of Internet use. These include (but are not limited to) the following:
- use the Internet for any illegal activity (e.g. violating copyright, employing images of other pupils, or gaining access or entry to other computers);
- use the Internet to gain access to threatening or obscene material;
- use the Internet for commercial or financial gain;
- use your account in such a way that you would disrupt the use of the facilities by others;
- use the facility in a frivolous or wasteful manner (eg downloading large files, sending trivial or excessive messages);
- reveal your personal address/phone number or that of a fellow pupil or colleague;
- reveal your Login ID and password to others (your password must consist of an alphanumeric code of at least 8 digits);
- vandalise by creating or downloading computer viruses;
- use abusive language, inappropriate language or any vulgarities;
- use chat rooms unless permitted by staff;
- use another pupil’s area;
- refer to another pupil without their permission.
- notify a member of staff if you feel that you can identify a security problem on the Internet;
- respect the privacy of others;
- consider files and/or data belonging to others as private property unless explicit authorisation is given by the owner of the files;
- be polite.
If you are in any doubt about whether an activity is acceptable, consult your teacher – otherwise avoid it!
The school reserves the right to monitor all files and E-mails to determine whether the facility is being used in a manner that is consistent with this agreement.
The above is a summary of the Craigavon Senior High School Internet Acceptable Use Policy, full copies of which are available on request.
In order to gain access to the above mentioned facilities, please sign below.
We agree to abide by the Craigavon Senior High School Internet Acceptable Use Policy.
Signed_____________________________ Signed __________________________
Print Name _________________________